Monday, November 15, 2010

Gratitude Blog

This year hasn't been the best of years for me. A lot of things out of my control happened, but I'm sure there's a few things I can be grateful for. I'm sure also, once I start writing things down, I'll remember a lot more then a few. This year I've fixed my relationship and started school, so those are at least two things I can be grateful for.

The thing I'm honestly most grateful for this past year, despite our rocky relationship, has been my boyfriend Phil. We've had a lot of up's and down's (mostly down's!) the past two years, but we've grown a lot. In the past seven months though we grew for each other. We realized that we really do love one another and began to accept each other more freely. Though we are both struggling with things individually, we learned to be there for each other rather then blame one another. He's also, to put it simply, really stepped his game up. He's been more attentive, honest, open, and has almost completely gained my trust back (almost!). Were also now pooling our resources together and looking for a place to live, which is frightening but also exciting. I also may have found a place close to school and he wouldn't mind moving wherever I need to be.

Another thing I'm grateful for this year is that it's my first year of college, even though I finished high school in 2006. For the past about four years, I just floated around not sure what I wanted to do. Sure, during the time, I've had many jobs and tried many new things, but none of it was what I wanted to do. I was caught in a rut basically working dead end jobs, just trying to figure out a way to make ends meat. Now I'm back in school and finally perusing what I love. Even though adjusting back into school is difficult, its extremely rewarding.

So despite this year being a hard one I can still find some things to be grateful for. Even though it may seem like I'm just happy for my boyfriend, its not just him, its the way he takes care of me and also helps me be grateful for the other things going on in my life. Between school and Phil, maybe this year hasn't been such a bad one!

No comments:

Post a Comment