Monday, September 20, 2010

blog one . =]

So this is my first blog for ENG 101.  My names Gabi, I'm 21, & I live in the Bronx.  I’m currently enrolled in LaGuardia to pursue veterinary technology.  Once I'm done with the program though I plan on continuing school so I can get my PhD.  I plan on going into either veterinary sciences or zoology.  I've been leaning more toward zoology lately only because it seems way more interesting, & like it could involve a fair amount of travel.  I've loved pets my whole life & I actually have 2 ferrets & a cat.  My ferrets are names Twiggy & Lorraine, & my cats name is Merlin, because I am a nerd.  I'm also really into music, reading, & movies.  I have a very eclectic taste in movies & music.  Some of its a little weird & my friends know that whenever there’s a random movie they need to know the name of they call me.  I'm a big fan of cult classics, & I will quote movies at the most awkward times.  I listen to anything that has a beat & my music library can go anywhere from Masta Ace to Mates of State & then to Slayer.  I also love books, for my sixteenth birthday I actually got 16 books!  I prefer historical fiction like Forever by Cormack McCarthy, but I've also read my fair share of classics.  I read Madame Bovary last year just for fun, & wasn’t really happy, but I felt really accomplished when I was done.  Another interest of mine is astrology.  I'm a Scorpio & I'll be 22 on October 26th.  I can also do birth charts & I used to do tarot cards but I've recently tried to pull myself away from most of that.  I also do all of the cooking in my house because I love trying new recipes.  But I also just prefer my cooking.  So that's just a little bit about me & I'm happiest when I'm cuddled in my bed with a cup of tea, my fuzzy socks, & a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment